AccuCare offers Hospice care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s pain and symptoms by attending to their emotional and spiritual needs. We prioritize comfort and quality of life by helping to reduce pain and suffering.
Of course, we understand that how comfort is defined is individually defined by you and your loved one, or perhaps a consensus by your loved one’s entire family. AccuCare’s Hospice caregivers focus on addressing physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs, all with the goal of providing care, comfort and trying to relieve pain and symptoms.
How We Help
AccuCare provides specialized support when it’s most-needed.
Respite: This is more about you needing support and assistance, and it’s an important type of care. If something comes up you need to take care of, we can fill in with your loved one on your behalf. And you can keep your life in order. Because a happy, well-rested you means a better relationship between you and your loved one.
Companionship: Human interaction is critical for seniors. And it’s amazing to see how people respond to having someone there to talk with, someone to bring a smile to their lips, and provide mental and physical stimulation.
Errands: Growing old can be frustrating, especially when one stops driving or begins having difficulty being mobile. That’s where AccuCare caregivers excel – in either bringing your loved one to the store or running errands, or sometimes simply running those errands by themselves.
Housekeeping: While we don’t generally recommend you use our caregivers for full-time housekeepers, they’re more than happy to help with most domestic chores including washing dishes, light straightening and vacuuming, and laundry.
Medical: Although our caregivers are qualified and experienced to help with administering medications, that task is usually handled by the care facility in which they are living. But because assisted living facilities generally offer minimal or no medical support, AccuCare can provide various levels of additional medical support, including LPNs and RNs, and advice and expertise from a Registered Nurse, on-call 24/7 for your loved one’s needs.
All AccuCare caregivers are thoroughly screened through the Family Care Safety Registry and the Office of the Inspector General. This comprehensive background check includes reviews of the following:
- State Criminal History Records – Maintained by the Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Sex Offender Registry – Maintained by the Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Employee Disqualification Registry – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Child Abuse/Neglect Records – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Social Services
- Foster Parent Licensing Records – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Social Services
- Employee Disqualification List – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- Childcare Facility Licensing Records – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- Illinois State Police Background Check for employees who live in Illinois
- Driver’s License History for Illinois Employees – Maintained by the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles
We require our caregivers to have a valid driver’s license, their own licensed vehicle, and insurance. We also require that they drive themselves to work. AccuCare provides additional insurance so that our caregivers are able to drive clients to various appointments, grocery store visits, and social events – at no additional charge.
Our caregivers are required to have a minimum of one year of work experience and must complete our training program prior to being placed with clients. Caregivers are also required to have CPR re-certification every two years and must receive yearly TB testing.
How We Are Different
We guarantee 24-hour access.
With an AccuCare Caregiver, you receive the same care and compassion that we would give our own family members. Because we are RN owned and managed, we possess the medical expertise that enables us to perform medically skilled services in addition to assisting with the activities of daily living.
We are a small, independent organization, which empowers our staff to make decisions on the spot without waiting for “corporate approval”. We believe our employees should be treated with respect and rewarded for a job well done. As a result, many caregivers have been with us for many years — an achievement almost unheard of in the private, in-home healthcare industry.
At AccuCare, our dependability is a source of shared pride. We guarantee 24-hour assistance. It’s important to you and your family, so it’s what’s most important to us.
It's All About Your Schedule
- Scheduled Care: Once-per month, 3X/week, Weekdays, or Weekends-only, or any combination you need. We also offer Overnight Monitoring, in case you can’t be there overnight.
- 24/7 Turnkey SolutionsTM GUARANTEED 24-hour assistance so someone is ALWAYS with or available to your loved one or family member. At AccuCare we provide 24/7 Nurse oversight and private-duty caregivers who are available to provide the care you need, when you need it and where you need it. And, our caregivers who cover night-shift duty are fully engaged, so you can rest comfortably, knowing someone is fully awake in your home and monitoring you or your loved one.
- In addition to caregivers, 24-hour RN/LPN Skilled Care Services are also available.
- Last-minute care: Emergencies happen – for you and your loved one. Call us when you need us, and we can usually provide someone within just a few hours notice to be there for you. This service is for existing clients only, not customers new to our services.
“In my 9-month experience with AccuCare, these qualities have stood out: kindness and compassion of the caregivers; flexibility and a “can do” agency attitude; timely, frequent and detailed communications about important safety and care issues; refreshing candor about various and shifting challenges faced in providing protection and care.”