We take the safety of our clients seriously. Each AccuCare Caregiver is thoroughly screened through the Family Care Safety Registry and the Office of the Inspector General. This comprehensive background check includes reviews of the following:
- State Criminal History Records – Maintained by the Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Sex Offender Registry – Maintained by the Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Employee Disqualification Registry – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Child Abuse/Neglect Records – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Social Services
- Foster Parent Licensing Records – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Social Services
- Employee Disqualification List – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- Childcare Facility Licensing Records – Maintained by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- Illinois State Police Background Check for employees who live in Illinois
- Driver’s License History for Illinois Employees – Maintained by the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles
We require our caregivers to have a valid driver’s license, their own licensed vehicle, and insurance. We also require that they drive themselves to work. AccuCare provides additional insurance so that our caregivers are able to drive clients to various appointments, grocery store visits, and social events – at no additional charge.
Our caregivers are required to have a minimum of one year of work experience and must complete our orientation prior to being placed with clients. Caregivers are also required to have CPR re-certification every two years and must receive yearly TB testing.